Friday, October 12, 2007

Updates!

Well.. lotsa updates. But no time. So I'll do it in a quickie.

Let's start with where I left off... Since my last post, I've been busy with referral jobs branching out from my high profile job... It's like a bloody grenade, one blast and spreads like crazy. That's one of the reasons why I've been busy.

Not to mention my 2 presentations this week. The first of which was prepared for a week, the second of which....was prepared in 20min.

Basically, I've planned for a whole morning, 3 hours, to prep for the presentation, but this morning came in some orders for iPhones, and I had to arrange for the shipments. Took all 3 hours. Which made it really funny when the lecturer was like "Wow, you're well prepared!" just cos I had a powerpoint and others didn't.

Little did he know that the whole ppt was prepared right under his nose while the first guy was presenting his part. I was like ^___^||||

Anyway, another sad news is that my camera is dedd. Somehow, the CMOS chip screwed up. I don't have the time to send it for repair... in fact, considering I got it at a bargain at 280, and a new chip might cost close to 200, I might as well save up for my first SLR. Yes, after testing some SLRs, I've realised how big the difference is. Nevertheless, if it's not too expensive to fix, I might be repairing it cos I'm not gonna save up enough in time for my upcomiong travels:

1. HK in late Nov
2. Taiwan in early Jan
3. China during CNY
4. New York in late Feb.

Most of these are still tentative, but I am so craving to go out and walkabout. The air in Sg is suffocating my creativity severely.

Hm...let's see... what else did I leave out?

Oh yes. I feel like a total nincompoop today. I was searching for a suitable hp pouch, cos I didn't wanna scratch my perfect iPhone, so as to preserve resale value. I wanted to test if the size fits, pulled out my phone, and somehow it slipped, and I dropped it for the first time. 2 Scratches. Like Wtf... YES, I dropped it while searching for a pouch to protect against dropping, you didn't read wrong....

I was so frustrated that I realised that there's no more point in getting a pouch as resale value was just cut by half after that drop. I might as well keep and use for all eternity... -_-|||


Hm...but after that was quite pleasant. Spent 4 hours fixing 1x desktop and 3x laptops at a clients' place, and at the end of it, earned some good dough, PLUS! I was given a free iBook G4... My first mac! haha...and free of charge! Cos my client wanted to dispose of it anyway as he had lost his power adapter for the set.

This set is still on the secondary market for about 6-700, but the one I was given had some problems... for 1, it is extremely badly scratched. 2ndly, its power adapter is missing. 3rdly, it's running a pretty old version of OS X.... All these I gotta invest a bit of cash to bring it to working condition, but I finally have a Mac to do graphics designing on!! Wahahaaa!! Happy.


^____________^

Ok....let's see...I think there's still sthg I missed....

Oh yes.

ZOMBIES.

Last Sunday was a great Zombie session, with Clarisse, Cindy, Sky+Wanz. Yes Jon, we finally managed to watch it after failing to watch it so many times. It was pretty darn good, exciting and all, but very vexing that it once again has no ending......*aaaaaargh*.......more sequels that means.... it still is quite good, but one day it will get tiring.

Anyways its still good.

Today's Cindy's Bday, and we're celebrating tmr with a little makan-ing at the tze char stall near her place. ^_^

And yes, I've quit MJ as a hobby. Now it's a social activity which is carried out once in a purple sun. OK not really but rare enough. Like once in the past 2.5 months is quite a feat already, considering it's ME we're talking about here.

Oh yes! the dinner with Sheen & Jess! Yup we're having some good food at Holland V and hopefully with yh as well if she can make it. So fun! Given our close proximity, we'll prob meet once in awhile for dinner and such... I've been to heen & Jess's work location, it ain't too far from NUS. I think yh is even nearer but never asked her before. Anyway, food on Thursday! Yipee!



Well everything's looking up!

My biz is picking up steadily, and Clarisse is stepping up too! She's registered for Chartered Financial Analyst, which is a front-end certification, 3 levels to be completed over 5 years. I guess my influence worked, as she has a short term, mid-term and long-term plan all made out.

After the 5 years, 2 years of MBA at Wharton, followed by moving into front-end armed with an MBA from one of the world's finest biz schools. Despite it being really difficult for someone to move from back-end to front-end, I'm confident that she can do it, given her exceptional abilities (academically)...haha... she's pretty disorganised in most other departments, needing constant reminders.

I guess that's why we complement each other, with me the intentional slacker at school . ^_^

Gtg sleep now, it's 2am already... Finally can get some good sleep, and wake up like at 12 noon tmr... the luxury of sleep...aaahh....

No comments: