Let's start with 2 weeks ago at imperial treasure. (御宝拉面小笼包) We frequent that place, cos they've got the best dumplings, 6 types, 3 of which I fancy. We always forget to take photos tho we go there pretty often. So one day, while we were having lunch, I remembered to take photos ONLY after I had finished the dumplings...so the dumplings not included in pix.
Slightly ex at 16 bucks for this plate, but worth it. Plus, prawns are Clarisse's favourite, this is to pamper her. ^_^
Oxtail Stew & Noodles.
At just 10 bucks, you get a plate of oxtail stew, which is damn good, plus a huge bowl of noodles. Value for money, and quality food too.
Ok...on a sidetrack, saw this bus on my way home. It's a marketing campaign for some nightspot event. Now, THIS is what I call marketing. They ripped out the bus seats to install bar-style seats on the bus.
And while I was walking from one place to another, noticed a small spot on the ground, bent down and saw the most beautiful thing I've seen lately. Besides Clarisse of course. But that's an unfair comparison haha..
That's the lousy iphone camera which can't take macro pix. Just 2 megapixels, a basic camera. Anyways, I just sat down and watched it crawl across the path. To us, a few steps. To him, probably the greatest journey in it's lifetime. Overwhelming experience to watch it crawl.
Ok...back to food blogging. Remember I said I would take more pix when I went to Pariss again? Well I did. and I practically took pix of every single round that I took. Oh yes Jess also mentioned that she's very familiar with the place as well, citing the same favourites as I did... except, she had oysters in, while I didn't. Cholestrol conscious la...haha
I need to devise a method to describe the stuff on the plates...let's go by a top-down, left to right arrangement. This way it's clearer wad I'm talking about.
Second plate: Simple sushi on the left, regular stuff u can get at any sushi outlet, scallop wings at bottom left... too sweet, needed to wash it down with tea. Top centre, is Maguro (Tuna), which is the best tuna I've ever tasted, the first time I tasted a sweetness in tuna sashimi. fantastic, even better than the salmon. Well the salmon needs no intro. Top right mussel x 1, and bottom right is sliced smoked shark x 4. Mussel is very very fresh. Tasty. But...the smoked shark is....funky. Well it tastes very dry and wierd and all, I took it thinking it's sthg new, sthg interesting but it didn't sit well with me.
Round 3... Well there's the coffee, and some salad roll which even after eating, I can't distinguish what's inside. Well to begin with I'm colour-blind, so sight doesn't help me identify the contents either. Ok...the plate. HK Steamed fish on top left... nice, but pretty normal. Stir-fried top-shell and vege on lower left. The vege is normal, but the top-shell is not. it's good. Fresh Goose-Liver-Paste on Nabisco crackers on the top centre, which tastes fantastic. Good stuff, with raisins in there. When taken with the crackers, just the right taste, not too bland, not too salty, and a slight sweet taste.
Top right is 3 pieces of smoked salmon wrapped around asparagus. Smoking brings out the taste in the salmon, and the asparagus mellows down the saltyness. One of my faves. Bottom right needs no real introduction, it's a pile of king abalone slices. Fantastic. Absolute fave of the whole buffet. Jess also said today that it's a must-eat when you're at pariss. Fresh, juicy, thick, succulent. OMT I'm drooling as I'm thinking of it. Clarisse's 2nd fave too.
Lamb Chop, except you can't really spot it in the mess of sauce. *damn* should have ordered without the sauce. But still good. Soft, tender, very properly medium done.
Round 6! Tofu skin sushi, 2 x mixed sushi and top-ups of Tuna and Salmon sashimi, smoked salmon with asparagus, and of course king abalone.
Anyway that's about it for Pariss. There's a lot more that I didn't eat, cos of preference. There's other great junk food, which constitutes half of the buffet, which I figure is quite a lot. Try it when you have extra dough! Or Jon we can go when ur back. ^_^
Yesterday (Wed), was a not-so-nice session. After Gym together with Clarisse at Pan-Pac, we went for dinner at Ministry of Food at 9pm. We tried it before, and it has lotsa good stuff. Price range around 20 per pax.
Didn't take any photos cos I was busy sulking... sad cos I didn't get to eat their really really good raw salmon... We went in, I ordered 1 x cha soba + 1 x salmon bento, while Clarisse got a surf & turf mini pot set. Hers came pretty fast, and my cha soba came up after 10 min with the waitress saying "Sorry, we've run out of sushi rice, so we can't do the bento, but we've still got white rice".
So... I ordered a white rice and salmon sashimi.... also went ahead with my cha soba, and my white rice came, and i finished it plain too. Didn't all taste that bad, but it's all been carbo. that's a bad thing. Then, waitress came after another 10 min, to say "Sorry, the salmon is also sold out! sorry..."
As I was still hungry, I asked them "So what do you have?"
"Anything on the menu" came the reply.
-___________-|||
"ok, give me a plain udon"
And I finished a meal with nothing but carbo, carbo, more carbo..... but the redemption came in the form of a dessert. Clarisse also ordered a Macha ice cream, which was really nice...but heavy too i know. Wasted gym session. WTH... I needed the ice cream therapy, and considering I eat ice cream once in 2 years, ya I don't really mind.
Well... also, today was dinner with Sheen, Jess & YH... didn't take any photos cos we were too busy chattering about their office on-goings... lol.. EXCEPT... sheen and jess taking pix of me in silly expressions... no, I don't have those photos *points at jess and sheen* go and bug them not me.!
Anyways, pretty good dinner at Sushi Tei, Jess had the oh-so-good Katsu Curry Chicken Don, Sheen had the Beef teriyaki, and I had my usual faves, 1 x mini salmon don and 1 x cha soba. Yes, I'm very into cha soba, cos buckwheat noodles are pretty darn healthy. Anyway YH came later and took a sushi set... well the focus of our attention wasn't really on the food but on chattering anyway, but we finished it off with a nice plate of chunky, fresh, Salmon and Tuna Sashimi.
^___^ Good food, great company, great meal.
And we're planning to make every thursday dinner day, since we're all in the same area and finish around the same time...haha... but hawker centre or coffee shop next time, always go sushi tei we'll go broke.
Stale Pix Time!!!
Ok that's us 2 weeks back at ktv.

No comments:
Post a Comment