Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Sweetness of Randomness

Well let's begin with a nice pic I took from the gym last Friday. It's of Millenia Walk.

Nice eh? I thought so too.

Well that day I felt random, and walked into a soft-toy shop, spotted something I'm sure Clarisse would like, and picked it up.

And of course she was happy ^_^
That's a very very round sheep by the way.
I know it's hard to discern.

Well today is a little different. I was at TPY doing what a few of you already know, scouting for some stuffz, and I kinda failed. Thus, my options in front of me:

1. Meet Cindy and help her with getting a new mac

2. Go home, and start work on my essay due on Friday

Since a client was dropping by, I tried to make it with Cindy, but it was too rushed. So decided not to meet up with her, as it ain't too difficult to get a mac anyways.

So there I was, about to go home, when my client originally going over to my place at 9pm, cancelled the apptmt.

Stranded at TPY with only an essay on hand, I thought I felt like doing sthg completely random.

I took the mrt, zoomed down to city hall, went to a nice florist at raffles city, and picked a beautiful bouquet of roses.

And I went to Clarisse's office lobby and sat there waiting. Was almost worried, but she finally turned up 15 minutes later than usual at 715.

I had previously told her to call me when she was off work, as I had wanted her to help pack dinner, thus she pulled out her phone and was about to call me when I walked up to her with the roses behind my back, flashing a wide smile at her. ^__________^

And she was pleasantly surprised.

And out came the flowers.

She was ecstatic.

And she asked "what's the occassion?"

And I said, "do I need a reason to give you flowers?"

And she threw me a nice big hug in public.

And I was happy.


That's a happy her with the flowers ^_^

Then we pranced our way towards Marina Square, when she was so overjoyed that she wanted to return the surprise with a treat... at the Ritz.

So we carried on towards the ritz, and since we were researching wedding packages online, thought we should drop by our few top picks in person to get a better picture.

Mandarin Oriental, then Pan Pac, then finally the Ritz.

After getting the info we wanted, we were thinking between the 3 main restaurants at the Ritz. All were priced similarly, so we were thinking: Turkish, Chinese, or Jap cuisine.

And upon hearing the clanging bells of the turkish ice cream trailer, we smiled at each other as we found the answer we were looking for.

Clarisse and her flowers.

That's me, looking almost a wreck. But pretty darn happy. ^_^

It's a really nice place, with deco to suit and all. Nice carpet on each of the dining tables added an authentic middle-eastern feel. Lighting was a mild yellow-green, really nice. Not to mention the authentic turkish music performed live, and the belly dancers who came out quite a few times over the course of our dinner.

We started off with the raw stuff. Raw beef tasted pretty wierd, but the raw fishies including salmon, and raw mutton, all tasted pretty darn good. It's similar to Sashimi, but with lots and lots of additional spices. Totally different feeling from eating sashimi.

Next, we moved on to the kebabs and meats, which were a real treat. We've got the beef kebabs, all roasted to soft and juicy perfection, and the tasty lamb chops which were as good as Parisse, and really deserving mention is the whole lamb bbqed over charcoal.

The lamb on da fire. Actually I thought the effect of the fire caught by the cam looked pretty darn cool. Charcoal flames. Anyway, the mutton was amazing. It is THE best I have ever tasted, extremely soft and tender, to the point of tasting creamy. done to perfection.


Next up was the main course. Well there was quite a variety of dishes on the main course table. It's gonna be damn hard to describe this pile as some things are on top of each other. But I'll try anyways.

Top left is mutton stew, just below is a lasagna-ish looking dish (the square shaped thingy) which tasted very much like prata, and the mixed meat and vegetable stew on bottom left. Rasin rice needs no intro, then there's some meatballs and eggplant on the right, and top is a pancake-ish thingy, with minced beef stuffing. On top of it is a piece of grilled salmon. Well all very nice, except one or 2 which we can't get used to.

Next was the seafood. Some nice salads, including mushroom salad and crushed wheat salad, both tasted great. The chilled tiger prawns were big and juicy, and the cockles were good too. scallops, oysters, and such, which is rather common. The worthy mention of this round, is the grilled prawns served with salad, which tasted ultra good. Even better than the chilled tiger prawns.

Background is the prawns and scallops and some others. Foreground is the fantastic grilled prawns. You order it at the counter, and they grill it right in front of u in a couple of minutes. The prawns are almost fresh out of water, i know it starts to sound cruel from here, but it's still within my limits.

One of the 2 belly dancers.

She's damn tall can?? Confirm chop taller than me.

The nice decor complete with a real lotus flower.

After all that, we couldn't stomach any desserts, but left room for a nice turkish ice cream cone. It's like the one at far east, i don't know if it's still there cos I haven't been there since I left for tw, but it's really funny with all the tricks they play. Empty cones after empty cones, disappearing cones and stealing your cone out of your hands, it was pretty much fun, we had a good laugh.

And that marked a great meal at the Ritz. At 52++ per pax, no it's not sthg we can afford everyday. But randomness is just so......sweet.


Now I have to start worrying about the bloody essay. Time to work some wonders like I always do...haha

No comments: