Well, today I'm pretty happy.
First of all, Clarisse's got free tix for Ratatouille at Lido, complimentary from her company as reward for hard work during past months' market downturn. Yiran and Guus came along too cos there were plenty of spare tix.
The movie was a great break-away from my endless work.
Anyway after the movie, getting gastronomic and all, brought Yiran and Guus to Cream Bistro, which is the great bistro we all know of, which serves great food in huge portions.
And yes, I didn't bring my cam, so no food-blogging. But I figured it wasn't that great a loss cos most of u already know how good the food is over there. ^__^
After dinner, was a trip to "That CD Shop" , a high-class cd-shop without the high price tags.
We went home with a number of stuff. Our shopping bag contained:
Shanghai Divas Series 1.
A collection of Jazz remixes of familiar songs, including 黄昏, 东风破, 忘不了, etc. All sung by, as the title suggests, divas from shanghai. Listening to it right now. Great voices, great remixes, great CD. Only sad that my fave song, 情人的眼泪, was on the 2nd cd, which didn't have as many songs that we liked. =(
Maybe I'll try searching for the jazz version online. Trust me, that song when sung in bossa nova moods, moves one to tears. "为什么要为你... 掉眼泪... " like omt. I'm still sad that it isn't in the first series. But this compilation cost more than regular cds, at 30bucks, nevertheless worth every cent.
Ask me in a week, I will rip (to reduce wear & tear on cd) and maybe can send u guys via msn.
Corinne May - Beautiful Seed.
Our local diva, one of the most well known local singers all over the world, cos of her sensuous voice. Her new album's quite nice. Bought this also to support local talent!
Bossa Voices II
Bossa Nova Nights 2
Ok, nothing much to say about the above, cos Bossa's always been my fave genre, and I own and loved the first episodes of both compilation series. Great to just fill the whole house and just slack around.
胭脂扣
A classic by Leslie Cheung and Anita Mui, both of which have been departed not too long ago. One via unknown reasons, one via cancer. This also happens to be Clarisse's fave movie.
And since the DVD version was on sale at 10 bucks, we grabbed this classic, an endless piece of art in Chinese Film History.
And all that is why I'm a really happy boy today ^________^
Now...back to soldering my iPhone... I'm almost done with e hack!
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment