Well, after realising both Clarisse and I were Tetris-ing in bed before sleep, I was reminded once again why we're together. lol.
Anyway, as it goes, my score has always hovered around 110k-ish. That's about level 9 or 10.
What happens is when you complete, there's a scene of some hindu-ish temple, and a rocket launchpad, (I KNOW, these don't go together at all), and a rocket flies off.
Now depending on the finishing score, different things fly off.
When you finish above 20k, a small rocket.
Above 40k, slightly bigger rocket.
Above 80k, a bigger rocket.
And when you go above 100k, you get a Space Shuttle launching off, which is what I usually hit.
Now tonight was unusual. I somehow broke my usual threshold of 110k, and went into level 11. Given the ludicrous speed, I changed my play method from *only* clearing 4levels, to clearing one level at a time.
Somehow, I pulled it thru for some time, and I saw level 12. At this point, I was like *wtf??* cos I never played any tetris version which had more than 10 levels. Apparently the NES version did. And I was mashing on the keys like mad, and it went from 12 to 13, 14, 15, 16, before I dieded very horribly at 16.
Once it went up from 15 to 16, I could not even clear a single line as the pieces zoomed down. I could hold on to the left key, and the piece touched down before it reached the left border. HOW TO BLOODY PLAY LIKE THAT??? So I died very very disgustingly.
Now I really guffawed when I saw what came next. Chio ga pengz. seriously.
The usual winning screen, with a UFO on the rocket launchpad and the temple or mosque beside. Then the UFO stayed still, and the temple blasted off into the sky.
Like OMFT man. I seriously laughed till I almost dieded.
I'm totally intrigued at the drawing power of this classic. And genuinely entertained. LOL.
Time for bed now.
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment