Lotsa stuff happening soon... actually the whole year has been super hectic. First to China for CNY, then wedding photos in tw in March, then Tokyo in July, China again in Oct, and finally our wedding and new home in Dec.
Of course the highlights are the last 2 items.
Also, I've been invited to be an emcee for a close friend's wedding - apparently everyone else in their circle of friends is even more shy than I am. Well, my virgin emcee experience. Feelings are mixed between excitement and a stoic calm.
I know I can do it well, but truth remains that it's my first time. Kinda feels the same as when I first gave a guest lecture to a crowd of year 3's & 4's when I was a freshman in uni. Odd position to be in which simultaneously boosts one's ego and brings a fair share of jitters.
My own wedding... well we've been settling bits and pieces of it since 2 years back, and we're just gradually filling in the gaps. Now that we're more or less covered, just wanna be sure that we haven't left anything out. Of course, I still believe that flexibility and quick thinking are much more important than the plan, as a firm subscriber to Murphy's Law. However, a rough plan is still pretty essential.
The house? Rumours with evidence are pointing towards a Xmas week delivery for our new home, a very tiny humble abode for a young couple. Nevertheless, a good start with our first piece of property. Quite sad though, as we'll most likely not have it ready before our wedding day. Nevertheless, I've got some great ideas and sketches for the style of our new home, and look forward to implementing it with the help from my partners in t-werkz.
Work has been promising as ever, with humongous projects coming in after much effort, but a very cautious attitude I'm keeping towards them - pending until we put our pens on the paper.
However, I have to re-evaluate myself for a major project, which was recommended by a friend - basically, it's one of the few times in my life where I'm really disappointed in my own performance... really could have done so much better. Ridden with delays, hiccups, etc. that dragged a 3-month project into a year-long project that doesn't seem to have a horizon in sight... the skills which I have held on to proudly seem to be immature after all.
Plus the added pressure from it being a recommendation by a friend: I have to answer to him for the faith he has put in me, as does he have to answer to his team for the recommendation.
At this point, it's time to put things into perspective, and get the job done even if we make an eventual loss. This is only a minor setback in view of my goals and dreams, and if I can't shrug off the dust and move forward, I can basically forget about ever achieving my aspirations.
In the meantime, an old friend has resurfaced. Time to join him for a jog - I'm doing 3 times a week with visible effect on my weight!! Gotta get in shape before being an emcee in Oct!!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment