Anyway, let's talk a bit about my preference in shooz.
Well my casual choices are always Nike slip-ons, a liking that I developed since Taiwan. Well 1, I'm frequently in a hurry, and they're easy to wear and go, 2, they always cost in the range of 50-80 bucks, much cheaper than most other Nike shooz cos nobody likes them. Except me. 3, they look weird, unique, but most important minimalist. I like minimalist. Don't like fanciful designs.
Under this class, there are the aqua sock series, which I've worn from series 6 all the way to series 9, and Clarisse has a pair of series 10 cos of my influence...mwahaha... And also 1 pair of moq soc, I don't even know if I spelt it right. But it's similar to the aqua soc, so it was added to my list of casual shoes some time last year, when my 3 pairs of old aqua socks cannot tahan after 3 years of wear & tear.
Then, there are the formals shooz. I further classify my formal shooz into 2 categories. The pure look shooz, and the look & comfort shooz. Notice that I don't ever touch the comfort & no look shooz.
Well it happens to b a coincidence that all the pure look ones I've ever had, cost in the range of 15-20 sgd. Extremely budget, extremely good value for moolah. But... they're never quite comfy.
On the other side, I've only ever had one pair, from rockport, which I bought in tw for around 170sgd. It was trusty, and stayed with me for 2 good years, would have lasted longer had I not worn it on expeditions in tw. And the walk with Clarisse from Lau Pa Sat to East Coast Park, basically marked its retirement.
Well today while running some errands, went past a Pedro shop, thought it's time to get a good pair of Class 2 formal shooz, walked in and browsed. Within 5 min, I had decided, picked it up, and left.
The unwrapping of my new shooz!
Well, they could have at least kept the box in better condition. But considering it's VERY comfy, VERY nice, and costs only 99 bucks, I'm sooo not gonna complain about the box.
Unravelling the shooz... dust baggies.
When browsing, I always feel the leather, and turn the shooz upside down to look at their soles. I think it's a fetish of sorts, but I lurve nice soles. And when I saw the sole of this one, I knew this was the one I wanted. I really feel good when walking around in shoes while knowing that it has nice soles, I somehow feel... afloat... OK STOP STONING ME EVERYONE... grrr...
Anyway nice shooz, to fit my nice trench coat, which has been in the cupboard for about 2 years... poor thing. I'm gonna give it some warmth... ok tt sounds psychotic. sorry.
On the work side of things today, made an uncertain move today.
Ever since I fixed my first mac in Aug, I've been telling my suppliers to look out for broken down macs as I can try to fix. Well so far I've only fixed 4, not a lot, but I'm gradually learning more about mac hardware.
Yesterday I got a phone call from one supplier, saying that someone has a Powerbook G4 for repair. I went down today, and tested it on the spot, and after I assessed that the motherboard blew, I called the owner, told him about it, and told him that repair's gonna cos quite a bit.
He didn't ask how much; he just said "I just bought a Macbook Pro, so I don't need it anymore. Do you want to buy it as spare parts?" I gave it 5 seconds of thought, before I blurted out 200 bucks. And he took the deal.
Here it is.
I'm not pretty sure if I can fix it. Besides, I'm flying off soon, won't have time to fiddle with it till I'm back. This one is a pretty big gamble, as if I fail to repair it, it will be 200 bucks down the toilet. But if I manage to repair it, the market value is 1.3k.... Minus repair cost, I might be able to earn a good few hundred.
Before closing on the deal, I called Clarisse to hear her opinion. She asked me how much confidence I had in repairing it, and I said without hesitation, 80%. And 20% uncertainty, is one of those borderline cases where I'm really not sure if it's a good investment.
Well I'll just wait and see.
Maybe I'll have a new Powerbook G4, and I can sell off the iBook G4 that I bought over from Cindy.
Tata mah frenz, I'm off to HK in another 6 hours.
Will blog if there's net at the hotel.

No comments:
Post a Comment