Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Preparing for HK

Well in our prep for our HK trip, we decided to buy a suitcase for Clarisse for the sake of HK this coming weekend, as well as NY in late Jan. Anyway I can't go NY anymore... T-T due to budget constraints on my side.

In our store room lies many (4-5) suitcases which cost around the region of 100 bucks....RMB. so she's never really spent a lot on suitcases. Well they are really cheap, but none lasted more than a single trip. So it was about time we got some sturdy suitcases.

Now there was a travel suitcase sale at Marina Square, just at the right time, as they had a huge range to choose from. We picked one from Lojel which was quite significantly above average. Well it's poly-propra-something (don't stare at me, I've forgotten all my jc chem), which is the second best material in the range, the best being fibreglass.

More importantly, it was pwetty pwetty purpel.. purpel ok?!? Wahaha...

Quite steep at 184 bucks, but there's a small one as a free gift, so it was just nice - small one for hk and big one for NY (cos it will be -12degrees when she's there, need to bring lotsa clothing). Not to mention, there is a 3-year warranty, so considering she'll fly quite frequently in her job, it was definitely worth spending.

Remember my dedd Sony cam? Sent in to Sony and they said it's a manufacturing defect, gonna repair it for free. A little upset that I bought a model that turned out that the entire batch had a faulty CMOS chip, which fails after 2 years. But still half-happy that they're responsible enough to repair for free. However, I've been rushing them, but not really sure if I can get my cam by tomorrow...*sighz* If it isn't in tomorrow, I won't have my cam on this trip, and don't really wanna bring the iPhone on holiday... that will be asking to be robbed.

On a side note, evening saw a very interesting apptmt. I was meeting a client for delivery of website, as well as finalize any changes. There I thought it would be a short meeting which would be done in 15 minutes.

Little did I know that I would be having tea with Violet 粉樱, a Radio DJ from 972. It was a really funny meeting cos somehow the 3 of us could sorta click, them expounding on their healthy-lifestyle stuff, me trying to be the attentive student. She's actually a very approachable lady. The 3 of us chatted quite a bit, until I had to meet Clarisse, Violet had to meet her husband, and my client had to head home.

Before we parted, I loosely mentioned that my mum is a loyal fan of 97.2, and has been listening to her programs on D.I.Y healthcare for years. She beamed a smile, and took a page out of my client's notebook.


And asked for my mum's name before penning down a nice little note.

And she added that when she wants to do a website, she'll look me up.

Nice tea session, which lasted an hour tho I thought it would be done in a jiffy.

Ok... I guess other than work, there ain't much else to update.

So till next time.

No comments: