Well other than work, it's still work so nothin much to update. Oh yesh, had dinner with Sheen n YH last thurs, at the nice makan place at tanglin mall. Yesh, the one with bowls as big as wanz' face. And after dinner we went the atas supermarket at tanglin mall to shoppety shop for groceries.
And... besides that...nothing much has happened. There's a humongous Xmas + 2 x Bday celebrations this coming Friday of course.
REWIND!
Day 5: Our Last Day.
The last day happened to be 2 days before my first paper, so most of the day was spent studying. Lunch was the familiar beef tendon noodles just a minute's walk from my hotel, and back to studying.
After I got sick of studying, went downstairs and scavenged around, found a florist, and picked this up.
Well I arrived very early, so I visited St. John's Cathedral just beside her office tower.
Pretty imposing at about 8 storeys high.
Went into the church to have a seat, and pulled out the bible before me. Flipped to a random page and had my moment of peace. Needless to say, no pix inside in respect of the church.
Well after picking up Clarisse, we had only a few hours before all the coursemates were having a gathering at a pub. So... We went for a quick one.
Previously I went to IFC alone, so today I brought her along to hunt for winter clothing.
But first, Dinner.
At RED cafe. Fantastic eatery. The bestest of the whole trip. Their menu had 2 sides - the "Regular Menu" and the "Healthy Menu". Well of course we both went for the healthy one.
The starter was a nice home-made herb loaf, which tasted multiple times as good as Cafe Cartel's. Up came our Lobster Bisque, which is fantastic, mixed in with chunky bits of lobster meat. Bread with soup, and it was a slice of heaven.
Then came our main course - we both ordered main-course sized salads. Clarisse got the Tuna Salad which is reallly really weird. It's got vegetable piled atop a pile of Soba, with a hearty serving of Tuna slices on the very top. It's a weird combi, but it tasted really good nonetheless.
I got myself the Beef Salad, which was omt delicious. It's the most perfectly done medium rare beef I've ever tasted, all sliced into bite-sized strips. Crispy outer layer of each strip of beef, with the tender juicy part wrapped within. Done with the utmost skill, that you could see the colour difference - it was as though every piece of medium rare beef was wrapped around with a layer of well done beef MANUALLY... of course it's all thanks to the skill of the chef.
Every mouth of the beef strips made me slip into a trance. Clarisse lurved it too.
Best of all, the meal was healthy. Other than beef, I got a humongous serving of vegetables, and it was a hearty meal.
Abt 50 per pax including ++.
And a little shopping, and we still bought nothing. Same case, with clothes either not thick enough or too expensive, e.g. I brought Clarisse to try the red trench I posted few days back, which cost 1.8k sgd. But... that was the one both of us loved most. *sobz*
As I escorted Clarisse to meet her colleagues / new found friends (she got pretty close to a korean girl and another from japan), they were envious of me being there with Clarisse... BUT... it felt awkward as they were all coursemates going for a drink, and I would be pretty xtra. So I left, saying that I had stuff to do.
And I pranced off back to the hotel. And considering it was the last day, there was just 1 thing I had to revisit no matter what - Honeymoon Dessert.
And on Friday, i.e. day 6, my flight was 10am so I left for the airport even before Clarisse left for work. And since I left my cam with her, no further pix. Her course was finishing that day (Friday), and after that she would make her way back to Teochew, Guangdong Province (about 6-7 hours bus journey) for a 1-week holiday at home. I would have gone if not for exams.
Took a 1.5hour journey to the airport for about 4 bucks (compared to 10 min for 20 bucks), and strolled around terminal 2 of Chek Lap Kok Airport. It's kinda like a mall, with lots and lots of shops, eateries, boutiques, etc.etc. and I got myself some Lao Po Bing for my parents / grandparents, essential for PR.
And I came home.
As the plane landed, it happened that my iPod shuffle was playing Beethoven's 9th symphony. Quite an enjoyable experience I must say, as the classical piece seemed to be playing in sync with the movements of the plane from gliding to touchdown to stop.
And that was a great trip concluded.

No comments:
Post a Comment