ok stop stoning me.
First of all, Xams over yesterday, and I spent much of my time sleeping. To recover from the overnight mugging. I don't do that often...just that this particular topic, Philosophy of Science, is a level 2000 module taught as tho it's a level 4000 or 5000 module. Crazy hard. The lecturer is someone new, a visiting fellow, so maybe he overestimated our abilities.
Oh. And. He totally looks like what Harry Potter would look like in his mid-30s, complete with glasses and a British accent. Girls are slightly ga-ga over him, but I foresee plenty of casualties in his module who have to da bao (fail and have to re-take the module next sem).
Other than sleeping, I installed Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel without a Pulse, which has been sitting in my comp for more than half a year, totally ignored.
The game takes place in the fictional city of Punchbowl set in 1959. The main character, Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield, was an unsuccessful travelling salesman in his life and was murdered in 1933 during the Great Depression by Otis Monday after coming home to find "Stubbs" with his daughter Maggie Monday. Otis unloaded a shotgun into his side and "Stubbs" was carelessly buried under the site of what is now Punchbowl. Nine months later Maggie gave birth to Andrew Monday, the playboy industrialist responsible for Punchbowl's creation.
The city of Punchbowl is insanely retro yet futuristic, with hovering vehicles, robotic repair-men, gas station operators (who make refuelling cars look like they are peeing), guides, security, etc. The soundtrack is actually remixes of lotsa old classics, such as "lollipop, lollipop, lolli lolli lolli..." etc. which makes the game very very silly and fun.
There's nothing in Stubbs' vocab other than growling and the word "brain", and at one point he manages to make an entire speech to an army of zombies lasting 2-3 min with nothing but the word "brain". Irritatingly stupid, but somewhat comical. I started the game thinking I could finish the game in a day, and after about 5 hours plus, I'm only at the 5th out of 8 chapters...and it's really addictive.
His basic arsenal is eating victims' brains, regaining health and recharging weapons while also turning them into zombies (who can turn others into zombies). The advanced arsenal includes a fart which stuns a wide area, hurling internal organs which explode like grenades and turn those killed into zombies, bowling his head (which spits toxic gases) turning victimes along the path into zombies, and the really fun Hand.
You can dislodge your left arm, and you can crawl around (like the hand in Addams Family), it can climb walls, walk upside down on a ceiling, and take control of humans - pretty useful especially when there are soldiers carrying bazookas, you can use his weapon to make short work of an entire army.
But I got work to do, so prob not gonna resume my game any time soon.
When Clarisse came back on Sunday late night, she brought back a gift from my dearest sister-in-law, Tingting.
When Clarisse came back on Sunday late night, she brought back a gift from my dearest sister-in-law, Tingting.
When she came over, I lent her the entire series of comics to read, and this is sort of a gift in return. Well also in return for the autographed JJ Album I got for her from eBay (she's a JJ fan)
REWIND!
Day 3.
Excursion Day.
Set off with Clarisse as she went to work, and I went to rush for a ferry.
Bus came, and arrived at destination after a 1hour bus ride.
Made some donations and entered the museum (no photos allowed), which houses one of the many buddha relics scattered all over the world. Many nice artifacts, like manuscripts carved on bamboo by Qian Long (one of da Chinese emporers), and some microcarving scriptures which managed to squeeze like 200 or so chinese characters onto a small square piece of ivory about 2cm by 2cm. Needs to be seen UNDER A MICROSCOPE.
Took the MTR back, cos I wanted to try different ways. Cost is about the same - but MTR is more comfy. About 20bucks to get from Hong Kong main island to the Buddha statue. Anyway, since I stopped at Central, thought I might as well pay the IFC a visit.
Well it's still much better than the trench I liked (for myself), from Lane Crawfurd, a dark Grey 100% Angora Rabbit Hair Trench. I flipped the price tag and my jaw dropped to the ground. 70,000 hkd, after a 20% discount. I left without looking at anything else from Lane Crawfurd.
IFC is actually a rectangular area (almost as large as Vivo; but Vivo is still bigger in ground area). Two opposite corners are IFC one and two, and the other two opposite corners are Four Seasons place (a number of restaurants there), and Four Seasons Hotel. All are linked together in the first 6 floors, which is the IFC shopping mall. The top floor is a sky garden which is pretty much like Vivo's roof, just smaller.
Its unveiling ceremony was on Thurs, and we saw it, it's really pretty.
Not to mention, it doesn't face traffic jams, so it's effectively the fastest mode of transport during peak hours - just that it gets a little sardine-packed with people during those times.
Picked Clarisse, and went to the 2nd nicest restaurant for the whole trip - Ming Court restaurant. Price was 120 for both of us, but the food and service was all top class. Nice comfy seats, authentic Ming Dynasty artefacts in the decor, and topped off with impeccable service.
The reason we ate there was cos we were going to Women's Street, and it was one of those recommended restaurants nearby.
And on our way back, I spotted something.

Seriously. I couldn't help it.
And after that was back to da hotel for a good night's sleep.
A little something I dug out of my archived junk, dating all the way back from 14 years old. I've been backing up my stuff constantly since then, with at least 2 copies at any one time. It's a treasure trove I tell u ^_^

Gotta prepare to set off - tonight is Clarisse's co's annual DnD, with the theme "Copacabana" which is a beach in brazil. We're like totally stumped what to wear. It's time to spend an hour or so figuring out.
Next up: Day 4

No comments:
Post a Comment