Clarisse came home on Monday evening looking pretty normal, and we had our dinner, before I started to act silly, sniffing around, pretending to smell something bad.
And so, we embark on a search all over the house, to find the source of the "smell", which didn't exist of course. Scavenging high and low all over our place, we arrived at a box which was extremely foreign and I asked Clarisse to check it out.
Me, thinking it was over, and a job well done, went to sit in the sofa, when Clarisse started sniffing around too... She claimed that there was REALLY a weird smell in the house, and after a few moments I was utterly convinced (I had a bit of a sinus so there was no point of contention).
As we embarked on the search for the source of the smell, we came across the lower deck of Clarisse's wardrobe closet. She reached in, and pulled out....a bag. ^_^|||
And that was my Xmas gift.
Now it's a little complicated, cos what she got was a brand that I liked, but not a model that I liked. And so, on Tuesday (yesterday) we went back to the shop for an exchange, and I accidentally picked one much cheaper than the one she got (and I liked alot alot better), and so we topped up the balance to get her a second Xmas gift.
And this is what we got:
I've always liked Braun Buffel, but their recent collections did not suit my liking. Which was why the one I picked was cheaper (they've got a discount for older models). I lurbsch it a lot, more than my previous one (which I spoilt in 1.5 years)... gonna TRY to take good care of this so it lasts for the 3 years it's supposed to.
Anyway, as I was pointing out, both of us hate to rush into the Xmas crowd - so I wanted to give her a Xmas gift before the rush sets in. It's a really sweet coincidence that she did the same - what are the odds of that? Both of us went to buy our surprise Xmas gifts on the same day?
Really sweet.
It's one level of satisfaction (at least for me) to be nice to a loved one, but when it is returned it's uber-satisfying. ^___^
Merry Xmas to everyone - looking forward to the party on Friday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment