He has outdone himself again.
This time as a director and producer as well.
Clarisse read a review of the film before she watched the show; and it kinda spoiled it for her. Cos she sorta knew what was the story before, and started to compare.
For me, I went in with a fresh mind, and loved it thru and thru.
Well what the reviews said was that it was a copy of a certain movie (won't name it so I won't spoil it for you guys). And that it has no merit.
I think those guys are wierd.
Jay's work is a whole piece of art, and the story is just one part of it.
The pubescent love story, the music skilfully woven into the storyline;
The film has a style of its own.
And the certain movie which was compared with it, which it was accused of copying, is seriously not up to the standard of his work. I love that movie, but I speak my mind, and I think Jay's is better.
My impression of him has changed significantly from 2000, "hmm...Jay Chou..." to 2003, "bah...Jay Chou...." to now, "hm.... Jay Chou."
The change in impression from a rising talent with his first album, to a passing fad as fans mobbed him from third album on, to presently, his directorial debut... I take my hat off him, and I see that he is a true genius of hard work.
It is much easier to become a fashion icon, than to pack the punch to constantly step into new territory. It's not easy I tell you.
Thus, a congratulations to the Singer/Songwriter/ Actor/Director, on a great work of art.
That aside, my spanking new office has been furnished.
Actually, "furnished" = throw in a exec table and an exec chair.
Got all these at a bargain at ikea, due to minor flaws in the table. Price cut is a whopping 81% due to a small chip in the table which cannot really be seen. (It's in a corner)
Work tomorrow, on a public holiday.
Not just me, Clarisse too.
*sigh*
and her bestie Xiaoyu's Bday bbq dinner tmr evening.
*yawn*
Gonna catch some sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment