Not been posting very often, but good news for me cos my cam just flew back from vietnam!!! and in one piece too!!! *yay* no im not that neow actually.
Another morning in gym, swim, steam bath, and lunch with Jiefang, her colleague (or rather team leader) Joyce, who's a really fun late 20s lady who's getting married next month, and my brother, who took mrt down from One Raffles Quay. lol. Goldman is at One Raffles Link, so the names are quite alike.
Anyway, nice lunch, we had a great discussion on stocks and futures, and my brother shared his stop-loss build-up strategy. *hush hush* coz it's a good strat don't want too many to know.
OK.
Rewind to yesterday. Was at Andy's house. Wasn't really there to beat people up (contrary to common belief) but just to help Sheen carry stuff there and make sure nothing gets violent. Many expect me to be really pissed at Andy, but honestly I'm not and I never was. Not that I'm cold-blooded; but I've just seen beyond the horizons of right & wrong, good & evil. There's just the progression of time in my perspective. I realised also that I can read people like books with a fair bit of accuracy.
Things didn't get violent, it's a job well done.
After that was accompanying Sheen with Xwan to just walk around, spend some time with Sheen to make the progression much easier. Cos loneliness is a bane to moving on. Anyway there was a bonus cos I managed to get a nice gift for Jiefang, one that I've been searching for almost half a year. Won't bother to say it cos it's a useless cute thingy. Doesn't mean I don't like useless cute thingys but they're just material and inconsequential stuff. It's usually the thought that counts.
We ended up parting ways in the evening, me skipping gym and accompanying Jie home. And it was then that Jie reminded me that she had been through similar stuff as Sheen. Totally slipped my mind. So got chance will let her speak to Sheen, might be some help. But Jie said she can try but in the end it's up to herself whether she moves on stronger than before.
Rewind again.
Something I missed blogging about. Last Friday, I was sitting by the huge water wheel at Jie's office, playing chess on my hp while waiting for her to knock off. I happen to notice things with my peripheral sight, and spotted 2 men tugging a bag, walking slowly and seemingly arguing. Then one of them ran off.
Thinking it was a snatch-thief, I gave chase, and blocked off the escapee's escape path via pacific coffee and around the building. In his hesitation upon seeing me, he was caught by the pursuee behind who ripped his shirt and snatched his bag, shouting 'YOU DO NOT MOVE!" while pinning him to the glass walls outside Jie's office lobby.
Called the police, and while they were on the way, got some security guards from One Raffles Link, who recognise me for being there quite often, and they stood guard of the escapee. The pursuee thanked me and explained to me and the security guards that the escapee had taken a picture of his girlfriend on the escalator. He wasn't explicit, and didn't let anyone else see the proof in the escapee's handphone, so I gathered that the old man in his 40s who was in proper formal wear, shirt now torn by the young boyfriend, took a pic under the skirt of the latter's girlfriend.
As she sashayed over, it confirmed my beliefs. She was wearing a soooooper short skirt, so asking to be molested (physically or mentally). Girls nowadays, no decency. (shakes head) But still she isn't in the wrong anyway. Police came and grabbed the guy. Poor old guy, but I don't pity him for doing something so stupid. Reminds me of what Andy did.
Andy said during the "conversations" at his place, no matter what you do right a hundred times or a thousand times right, it just takes one mistake to erase it all. Saying isn't sufficient. Saying stuff doesn't make things happen, you need to do it. And doing takes months, maybe years, while saying just takes seconds. Whoever takes these seconds to be proof of commitment are tragically naive.
My closing words to Andy, I told him as I was stepping out of his house, "ten years to build rome, 1 day to destroy it. thousands of years have passed and it hasn't been repaired yet." My reference isn't the city but the coloseum which was destroyed in war.
You have a habit of responding at the flurry of emotions rushing to your head, hold that and don't angrily tag on my board. just digest it and think it thru - if you want to. You have your freedom to bombard me.
Just look at the old man. There goes his life. I bet he has got a family, who are devestated; it doesn't matter whether they forgive him. Kids probably never knew their dad would do such a thing; imagine them having to face going to court and watching their breadwinner sentenced. That is not "fun" or "thrilling" or "exciting" in anyway but downright humiliating. Hurting yourself is one thing, hurting everyone around you is a totally new experience; a la Andy. I personally know how that feels cos my hyper-accelerated growth path brought me thru this stage at the age of 14. A normal person would say, "I feel no hurt from Andy's wrongdoings, he has just hurt himself by losing me as a friend" but it doesn't work that way. Sadness and pain diffusses outwards inevitably, even by scolding him as a bastard.
A minute to mourn the pain and suffering for all of us, friends (or once-was friends) of Andy and Sheena.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment