Sparks of brilliance here and there, I managed to network and meet a few potential new clients, but I'm actually considering being an intern - reason: My prof in my first sem started one of his numerous ventures and needs some help right now, short on manpower. I'll go for it if I can rearrange my Salvagers schedules. Lots of stuff I might learn from him about business.
Didn't take any fotos of the event as there's some restriction on recorded media. So I just took one photo in dah toilet.
Ya, I know I always take fotos in toilets. Can't help it cos the toilet is so nice. And also, huge mirrors are the only places where I can take fotos of myself.
After the networking and stuff ended at 1230, lunch was with Jiefang at Marina Square. Grand Palace La Mian Xiao Long Bao. I'm a dumpling freak, so this is heaven to me. It has 8 types of dumplings, many of which I like; I just don't like the pan-fried ones.
Nice. After that, feeling silly in a suit, I took a SBS BUS in a suit back home to Bishan, getting occasional stares. lol. whatever. And went back to change, go down to Sim Lim to buy some hardware, then went to gym for 30 laps in dah pool, run, and steam bath. At the end of everything it was 720, and Jie was lucky to be knocking off early. So made another delivery at Lavender, and went back to suntec for dinner with Jie.
Dinner was at Crystal Jade Kitchen, the lowest end of the crystal jade conglomerate. They have a reputation for expensive but mediocre food, but Jie told me that she has tried some dishes at this outlet and food is quite nice, so I yielded.
Oh yeah, point to note on Fountain of Wealth. When I told Jie to give up her Maybank offer and she was still in round 3 of Goldman Sachs interview, I brought her to make a round around the fountain. The point wasn't superstition, but to just find the strength to believe in urself. There are numerous other things you can do to gather courage, but this is what I did for her. And apparently it worked quite well.
I think we overdid yesterday; normally, we go for something nice once a week, but yesterday we did both meals in restaurants. Guess we gotta control a little. can't let it become a habit.
Anyway, rewind to last Friday; woke up in the morning feeling groggy cos I didn't sleep well the night before. So, went to Ikea to do sthg we had agreed to do for some time but didn't find the time to do.
So it was a little window shopping before I took a break for:
OK, I'm pretty aware that hotdogs with ketchup and iced tea isn't a complete meal. But there was a que of about 20pax outside the cafeteria, waiting for their turn to go inside the cafeteria to join another que of like 30 pax. It seemed quite silly for me to join the que, so hotdogs it was for lunch. Went ahead to buy some stuff to organise my place. But the main purpose of the trip was this:
The pillow and quilt covers are just secondary. Jie couldn't bear to part with her pillows, which she claims are the most expensive pillows back in Chao2 Yang2, her hometown. I explained that that I couldn't sleep properly on those pillows, so she yielded. Also, I wanted to discard her 7-year-old quilt, which looked messy and quite seriously dirty. She keeps trying to wash and dry the quilt and cover, but I still can't help but find them an eyesore. Plus, it's a winter quilt - too damn hot for singapore weather. When aircon is maxed out, I still perspire beneath it.
So, I went to get a summer quilt, one that we could sleep comfortably with even only a fan on. Since then, it's been good night's sleep for both of us. But she almost shed a tear when we brought the old quilt to the dumpster.
OMFG I'm turning into a house-husband!!! Noooooooo.........

No comments:
Post a Comment