I'm in one of my rare lows.
Basically, the art studio folded before we started to do anything much.
Tons of reasons which caused this not to work out, including clashing characters of the stakeholders, but mainly due to a decision which was made before I came into the picture - the commitment of a rental too huge to swallow.
While it sounded big that I'm in an art studio, I did not invest any money, just my time. The unusually-heavy rental was wholly borne by them. I just came in and gave my time to market the whole studio, build a website for them at no charge, and start bringing lots of friends to the place.
However, they were first-time entrepreneurs, and thus never considered any risks while jumping in. Thus, I learned a month ago that they expected to break even within the first month. Which of course didn't happen. I told them to realistically give me 3 months to bring in results.
They couldn't wait, and wanted to give up.
And it was very heartbreaking.
旧的不去,新的不来。
However, I'ved emo-ed enough and it's time to look forward.
Realised during this time how much I really liked creating works of art, and will probably start taking lessons from the artist to reboot this interest.
Also, a new partnership is in the works, carving out the web design business from Salvagers to join 2 old friends to form a new design house.
Time to collect the dust, and carry on sprinting.
Carpe Diem.
Sunday, June 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment