Thursday, August 14, 2008

Milestones

Well well well. Been crooning so much about my new office, so here are the pix.

The office. Albeit very messy. Don't worry, this was just when I moved in it's not always this messy.

So as you can see, my office takes up just a small fraction of the HUGE warehouse space.

What's behind the office?

A nice balcony.

Plans are underway to have a small garden in this space, for a start. =)

And the fantabulous view from the balcony.

Largely unobstructed thanks to the neighbouring water plants. View is even better at night.

And another new purchase: something I've wanted for some time.


As you can see, I'm a sucker for buffel.

Happens that I like their brand positioning. Not too far up the atas ladder, but speaks something about you when you're carrying it.

A Clutch Bag

With matching leather and wireframe emblems as my wallet. I like! =)

And some time back, had my grad ceremony. Nothing much really.

......

The Gurus



And as the ceremony finished, balloons were dropped from the ceiling. Easily excited Clarisse sms-ed me just to remind me to pick one for her. -_-|||






Allyourbasearebelongtous!

And Clarisse, unabashedly attracted to the pool of handmade Sasha Graduation Bears.


Well since she liked it, she got one as a gift. Pretty nice, as the fur somehow curls in rose-shaped patterns. Always wonder how Sasha manages to do this.

And this is what I got as a grad gift - humble but nice. A Heart-shaped mini cake from Bakerzin.


And about a month ago, went for CTW (Community TeamWorks) 2008, which is the name of Goldman Sachs' social works program. Just as last year, we went to Andrew & Grace Home. Andrew really looks so much older - with white hair and all (it was blackish-grey just a year ago) Some of the girls remember us just as we remember them, so in a sense we're much closer this time round.

Also, Clarisse was co-organising with an ex-schoolmate from RJ, who coincidentally entered GS as well.

We were having an amazing-race styled event, with the games outsourced to an external co. so none of us knew where we were going ^_^

Our Team!

AH & I

AH is the "attached spouse" (just as I am) of Clarisse's ex-schoolmate YR.

Clarisse & Winnie!

Winnie's a bright girl with some leadership potential - she just doesn't know it yet! =)

Passing thru Parkview Square

Then thru Boat Quay



Really funny challenge at the Raffles Place checkpoint. We had to grab random strangers to get their weight taken and we add that to our score. We just spread and grabbed as many people as we could - too fast paced so we didn't take any photos.

Getting the cork out of the bottle.

I'm guilty of hoarding the task for this challenge as I was pretty confident I knew how to do it. You've got a cork deep inside a bottle, and you need to get it out using a satay stick and a piece of cloth. If you have a party in future, put this in and you might create really funny situations.

And us after extracting the cork ^_^

And the finishing point was the boardroom, where we also had buffet lunch.

The boardroom (one of many)....

... with a killer view of the CBD.

And... we ended up second place.
Pretty good I would say, among 13. =)


And someday, one day, I'm gonna get myself an office like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on graduation!!

mahjong soon? haha