Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Deliria

For each and every person, there always comes a certain time when you just wanna sit back, slow down and reflect. Immersed in temporal melancholy, perhaps all groggy matters are beaten and meshed out at such times. Some people call it anti-sociality, some call it insanity... I call it meditation.

I can't help but think of things. And for that matter, I think of plenty of things. The rational and irrational, the possible and the impossible, the disappointment and elation, everything just cramps into my mind forcefully for a short period of time. And at such a time, rather than feel helpless like most people do, I feel powerful.

All these summed up together make me realise that there are no real limits in life.

People might argue that I know not what I am saying, and limits are all around us. I too, argue that they know not what they say, for all limits are man-made and variable. For the man who convinces himself that there are no limits, then essentially, they do not exist.

- written 15 February 2005. Stands true to this day.

No comments: