Sunday, January 04, 2009

The New Year

Well.

This year didn't turn out that fantastic. But to be fair, most of the year has been great, just the last 3 months have been one of the toughest times I've ever faced.

The culprit is none other than the financial crisis. Yes, I've been affected. Most heavily, in business. Contracts which were so close to being penned down, were withdrawn due to clients' budget cuts.

After this happened multiple times, the business was forced to reinvent itself.

Right now, Salvagers is focusing on education, so those who read this please help spread the word about training.salvagers.net

I'm happy to say that this scheme has "salvaged" salvagers.Net from the depths of near-collapse.


However, the impact of reduced income remains. For the first time in a long while, after meeting all my liabilities e.g. rental, food, transport, etc, I don't have much left to save. Not to mention, there was also a sudden expense resulting from a stupid mistake.

And all these in effect took away all my budget to go visit Jon down under.

No, it's quite depressing really.


And that's where I put the marker that signifies the end of the year.


For the coming year, my resolutions are:

1. To build up the income engine for Salvagers, that I can let it autopilot and focus on other aspects of the business

2. To build multiple new products for Decor La Vie, and to bring in the investments to bring the products to market.

3. Save up for a proper trip to Taiwan for our wedding photo shoot.

4. Save up for a proper trip down under and hopefully visit uluru.

5. Spend some time to analyse and rescue my failing investments.

6. Fight a sustained battle for at least one worthy course.

7. Spread the spirit of enterprise.

8. Cure for Cancer

9. Start Building Utopia

10. Launch world war to quell resistance against Utopia

11. Destroy Capitalism

12. Send the nay-sayers of Utopia to concentration Camps

13. Forumulate long-term future goals for Utopia.

14. Love & Peace to all.

Ok.

In case you're really not getting it, 8-13 is just bullcrap.

Happy New Year 2009 to one and all!

No comments: